We hope you are having a beautiful week. This week we will continue to learn about My Family. Children will continue discovering interesting facts about the values of parents in their lives, the importance of family and family diversity. Children will explore families and types of homes from different countries around the world.
It is important that at home your child can review what he/she learns during the day at school. Always encourage him/her to share with you what he/she does at school.
We will be also celebrating our Book Fair the week from October 30th to November 3rd, 2017. We would like to invite every family to participate and share moments with the children during this fair. We have scheduled many reading activities that will be enriched for everyone. We look forward to seeing you!
We also would like to thank you for your donations for Mexico and Puerto Rico and for always being supportive for special events and activities in our pre-school. We are really grateful for your kind support and solidarity.
Thank you for letting us play such an important role in your child’s life and we hope you have a great weekend.
Spanish for fun!
- Fall Festival Day on Tuesday, October 31st, 2017
- Report Cards will be delivered on November 3rd, 2017
- Teacher-Parent Conference from November 6th to November 10th, 2017
Make sure to pass the word to your family and friends to reserve the first Thursday of each month at 10:30 am. This event is FREE and open to the public.
Spanish for fun! Music!
Listening to music is a great tool to introduce young children to vocabulary. Listening to songs featuring in our Spanish for fun! CDs will motivate children to keep learning Spanish at home while strengthening what they have already learned in the preschools. Our CDs cost $20 each or you can also buy 2 CDs for $37.
Please visit the front desk to get a copy of Sff! CDs Volume I and II as soon as possible.
Safe Drop-Off & Pick-Up Policy
·Upon drop-off, all children must be accompanied into the facility by an adult.
·Staff must be notified of the child’s drop-off.
·Upon pick-up, an adult must come inside the facility and notify staff that the child is leaving. Children will only be released to persons listed on the child’s application as authorized by the parent/guardian. Staff will request to view a driver’s license to verify identity of persons other than the authorized parent/guardian.
·Authorization from parent/guardian is required in writing when anyone other than the designated person(s) as listed on the child’s application arrives to pick up the child.
·Sign children in and out following policies. Daily drop-off and pick-up times must be recorded.
·Children must never be left unattended.
Childcare Meals Policy
Please remember that any food brought to the preschool needs to be stored in the kitchen labeled with the child’s name and date. This includes any snacks such as crackers, sandwiches or anything else brought in the morning. Our children cannot enter the classrooms with food out of respect for other children who may want what they are eating or may have allergies to certain ingredients. Please read the proper labeling instructions as per state regulation, also located in our Parent Handbook.
· The label should include first name, last name and date. Parents must take home all leftovers. Otherwise they will be thrown away as we are required to do it by law at the end of the day.
· Two snacks and lunch are provided by Spanish for fun! and they are included in the monthly tuition. The meals are prepared following the nutritional requirements for healthy development.
· Meals are allowed at specified times only. If a parent desires their child to have a snack/meal at a different time, parents may remove the child from the classroom to provide the meal and then the child may return. This policy is for the respect of other children in the classroom.
· The menu will be provided to the parents via e-mail and a hard copy will be posted in each classroom. Please let us know if your child has a special diet because of allergies, a health condition, cultural or religious beliefs, we will provide a nutritional meal that will accommodate each child’s needs.
· Spanish for fun! is a nut free environment. No nuts or any nut products are served or allowed in the school.
Don’t forget to visit our FB page every Thursday where you will find pictures of the week!
We would like you to share this video with your family and friends that are interested in Sff! Please click the link below to view the video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajT3kr_yEV0
We are pleased to share with you exciting news of the experiences our Sff! Directors had in New York while attending a Tony Robbins seminar event. Sff! proudly offered this opportunity to our staff, as we believe that the leadership and development are key factors in our industry. To read more, please go to: https://daycare-wakeforest-nc.spanishforfun.com/sff-family-learns-unleash-power//